BugVibes™ - Electronic Plant Shield™- Research Kit
Be at the forefront of technology with BugVibes™ - Electronic Plant Shield™- Research Kit!
This kit is designed to enable exploration of the potential benefits of mechanical vibrations being applied to plants. Possible research areas include: Botany, Horticulture and Entomology by governments, universities, scientists, private industry, farmers, organic farmers, gardeners, growers,and others committed to reducing our use of pesticides and promoting organic GMO-free food. Specific areas of interest where the technology holds promise are outlined below.
BugVibes™ is a small electronic device that is easily strapped to a tree, branch, plant or vine. Once strapped on, it gently vibrates to generate different desired results in the plant. BugVibes™ features microcontroller based software operating profiles to enable it to operate for many uses and applications. Recent university tests concluded that the technology used in BugVibes™ is possibly one of the newest forms of Integrated Pest Management (IPM). Possible uses also include areas of plant growth and self-pollination.
Video of BugVibes™ at Work
Contact us directly at 262-347-3137 for quotes or purchasing through purchase orders or for additional assistance in grant writing. ORDER NOW - WE CAN ONLY BUILD A LIMITED QUANTITY OF RESEARCH UNITS BEFORE SUMMER.The kit includes BugVibes™ hardware and all associated mounting equipment. There are 3 base units and both an AC power supply and a battery pack are included. This is perfect to conduct research on a small dwarf tree or 3 small trees or plants. This kit also includes custom pest or plant specific operating profile. These profiles will be designed jointly with our engineering group to target specific pests or characteristics at the time of purchase. Price shown includes up to 24 hours of engineering by our electronic engineering group to help customize the product to fit the researchers requirements. This may be used for assistance in grant writing or additional time for this writing may be allocated or purchased.
- Pest deterrent for many types of of pests:
- Tomato horn worms (Manduca quinquemaculata). Early tests on tomato horn worms have produced promising results.
- Japanese beetles (Popillia japonica).This is the original application for the product. The usual organic treatment is to shake them off so this is a natural application of the technology.
- Stink bugs, brown marmorated Stink bugs (Halyomorpha halys). Research on these pests show they communicate through plant stems via vibrations. BugVibes™ interferes with those communications.
- Emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis).
- Rose chafer (Macrodactylus subspinosus)
- Western cherry fruit fly (Rhagoletis indifferens)
- Cherry Fruit Fly (Rhagoletis cingulata)
- Fruit flies
- Colorado potato beetles (Leptinotarsa decemlineata) - The usual organic treatment is to shake them off so this is a natural application of the technology.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
- Vibrating moving water. Mosquitos won't lay eggs on moving water.
- Basil - Growers using BugVibes™ have reported basil plants seem greener.
- Marijuana - Marijuana growers are experimenting with vibrations to promote growth.
- Tomato plants, growth/health - Growers using BugVibes™ have reported tomato plants seem greener.
- It appears newly planted trees may benefit from vibrations after initial roots are established.
- Other plants have responded positively to vibrations.
- Self Pollination
- Tomatoes, with both male and female parts of the same flower, appear to be more productive when exposed to vibrations.
- Peaches - Self pollinating varieties are thought to pollinate with wind. We have extensive experience at getting BugVibes™ to vibrate peaches without damaging the soft wood.
- Other possibilities include peanuts, orchids, peas, sunflowers, wheat, barley, oats, rice, tomatoes, potatoes, apricots, and peaches.
Tree staking - There is a debate whether young unstaked trees grow better as the roots get exercised by the wind. Rubber straps and BugVIbes™ enable the tree to be staked and the roots exercised with controlled vibrations.
Block pollination. It is thought that BugVibes™, if used at the right time under the right conditions, will keep bees from pollinating fruit.
This just a sample of the variety of areas that BugVibes™ vibration technology may provide beneficial effects. This list is based off extensive internet research and a large series of initial tests conducted by our engineers.